Tutorial/Import XNALara files into Blender
This will cover importing .mesh.ascii files into Blender for animation, or to be exported as FBX for animation in other software.
- Download the XPS tools.
- Follow the Model conversion tutorial (in part or in full) to get the .mesh.ascii files for the character you wish to import. We will be doing Widowmaker.
- Install Blender.
- Open Blender
- Go to File->User Preferences...
- Click on the Add-ons tab at the top, then click on Install from File... at the bottom.
- Find the xps_tools zip file you downloaded, and click "Install from File..." in the upper left.
- Click User under Categories and ensure that "Import-Export: XNLara/XPS Import/Export" is visible and checked.
- Close the Blender User Preferences window.
- Now go to File->Import->XNALara/XPS Model (.ascii/.mesh/.xps) and navigate to your Widowmaker directory.
- Because Overwatch's storage format doesn't use human-readable names, you should see something like "00000000011F.mesh.ascii". This is your Widowmaker model. Select it and click "Import XNALara/XPS Model" in the upper right.
- Your model, plus skeleton, has now been successfully imported.
- (OPTIONAL) Go to File->Export->FBX... to export the model for use in other software, such as Maya, 3D Studio Max, or Lightwave 3D.
|Plugin won't install, no matter how many times I try||